Miles J. Murphy III has practiced law in Michigan since 1986. As a Grand Rapids native and a shareholder with Plachta, Murphy & Associates, Miles specializes in Civil Litigation, Family Law, Social Security & Veteran's Law, Criminal & Administrative Law, and Insurance Law. Miles has litigated cases throughout West Michigan and also acts as a state court case evaluator.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
- University of Detroit School of Law, J.D.
- Michigan, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1986
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1998
- State Bar of Michigan, General Practice, Social Security, and Negligence Law Section
- Catholic Lawyers Association
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Litigation and Family Law Sections
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR)
- National Organization of Veteran Attorneys (NOVA)
Additional Affiliations and Achievements
- Notre Dame Club of Grand Rapids
- Pro Bono Program of West Michigan
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish and prior Council Member
- Knights of Columbus Council #13499
- Kent County Circuit Court Case Evaluator