Jeffrey M. Black is a Grand Rapids native and a graduate of the University of Michigan. In 2005, Jeff graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law in Richmond, Virginia.
Before joining Plachta, Murphy & Associates, Jeff served as a full-time law clerk in the Kent County Circuit Court for the Honorable Dennis C. Kolenda, the Honorable Mark A. Trusock, and the Honorable Christopher P. Yates.
Jeff’s client practice areas include Business & Corporate Law, Estate Planning, Probate Estate & Trust Administration, and Real Estate.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D.
- Michigan, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2005
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Board of Trustees - Trustee (2017 - 2020), Young Lawyers Section – Chair (2010-2011), Probate & Estate Planning Section, Social Interaction Committee - Chair (2017 - )
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education's Probate and Estate Planning Certificate Program - Certificate of Completion