It can be difficult to talk with family members, especially our parents as they get older, to talk about elder care and estate planning issues. Here are ten questions that adults can ask their parents to get the conversation started:
1. Do you feel comfortable about your financial situation? Would a financial planner be helpful?
2. Do you have an estate plan?
3. Who should handle your finances if you become ill?
4. In the event you become seriously ill, what level of care and intervention would you like?
5. Do you have enough health insurance?
6. Do you feel your physician is well-informed about issues common to older patients?
7. Can we make your home more comfortable?
8. Are you feeling secure about driving?
9. Can you share your thoughts about your funeral?
10. Can you compile a list of all your important information?
For more information contact our Estate Planning and Elder Law attorneys at (616) 458-3994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org